Friday, December 7, 2012

My Christmas Decorations

Last night I started my Christmas decorating tradition. I stopped by the store
and got a bottle of extra dry Totts, next went to the church near my house and
bought a Douglas Fir Tree. The nice man shoved the 7' tree into the back of my
little Volvo, which now needs to be cleaned. I brought down all the Christmas bins,
set the tree up and went to work. I started with the lights and then the garland and ribbon.
For some reason I put the thicker ribbon at the top and the thinner at the bottom. It was
a visual nightmare, so I started to take it off. What's that saying, try, try again. Well all
of the sudden the center lights on the tree went out. I can't have lights at the top and bottom
and not in the middle. I put the Champagne down and drove to Rite Aid for more lights,
two 100 ft boxes, 2/$7.00! : ) And we start again, smooth sailing this time. Even if the ribbon
and garland are not perfect. Did I mention that when I was a stay at home mom, I made my
own beaded garland and garland mixed with beaded ribbon, small and large ribbon. My Martha
Stewart days!





More ribbons draped on the dining room chandelier.

The living room mantel, the foo dogs get so tickled when they get to shine next to the sparkly
Christmas balls!




And the den decorations. Sunday we bring in the greens and finish the outside.



2 comments:

Margaret McElroy said...

Thank you,
happy holidays,
Margaret

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love your Foo dogs. I am still hunting for the perfect pair.