Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Valentines Day Window

Monday I closed up early and drove out towards Waynesboro to the
Fabric Warehouse to look for some red fabric to make a table cloth
for the front window. I am changing it to a Valentines Day window with
lots of red and pink. My girl Tamara was working there and we found the
fabric I had seen there this summer. What I had forgotten was that it was a
lush red silk /reversible with  a Greek key style Chinese symbol and was $39.95

a yard. Not in my budget. I did find this deep red upholstery weight  fabric for $8.00 a yard and for $15.00
for 4 yards, the yellow French Provencal print. I took the 4 yards of red and cut it in half to make to make
a 54"x72" long table cloth for the window.

      
Yesterday, I again closed up early to go pick something up and on my way I stopped by the
Habitat For Humanities guess what I found.....

This bench for $25 bucks and now I have a use for the French Provencal fabric. I will make
a box seat cushion and two side pillows.

And for another $25 bucks I got this desk for my back office, a much needed piece, 79" long,
for me to use as a place to sew and measure out fabric, etc.

Don't you love the turquoise/blue color with the gold trimmings? I saw more things in there that I liked
when I went back today to get the desk, I need to control myself. It is dangerous out there!

2 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Ha, it is dangerous out there. I love that desk. I used to sew at my dining room table because I could spread out. Now I have a table in the basement. I can't wait to see that bench with the new cushion on it.

Margaret McElroy said...

Thanks for you post. i am working on the "no reply" things, thanks
you for the heads up and the link to the other blog.
Margaret