Thursday, June 27, 2013

Time To Move On To New Digs

As of August 1st, if all goes right, I will be signing a new lease for
a great house one block from my store. I have been renting the house
I am in now for exactly 5 years and got halfway through painting the
walls, wallpapering, having custom drapes made, etc.




The living room that I painted, the walls were peach, the drapes I had adjusted to fit
the windows. The hall way I never got to wallpaper. The dining room I painted last
summer and pulled up the nasty carpet. And the kitchen I painted and had custom
window treatments made for.






 The den I painted a couple of summers ago, sorry for the boxes and cleaning products,
I am packing and cleaning as I go. I wanted to take pictures for my memory files so they
are not photoshopped, not that I know how to do that. The den i s dark, I wanted warm
jewel tones, will go lighter next time. The bathroom I papered to hide the ugly tile and the
that had great views of my garden. I will take outside pictures before I move.
 Here are pictures of the new house. This house is on Beverley Street in the Gospel Hill
District of Staunton. The house is an old Victorian on a hill and has three stories. I took
a few pictures on my first walk through.






This house has a great front yard, very little grass with a lot of front yard gardens.




This house is less rent, comes with beautiful features and is a grand dame of a house. It
needs a little painting on the inside and a decorators touch. The house will be on the market
while we live in it, but it is rarely shown and has been on the market for 5 years. My daughter
Ellie and I used to drive by it when we first moved here and would say, I want to live there.
I will post more pictures soon. This story is to be continued and a few more pics......



No comments: