Friday, September 13, 2013

Staging with Accessories at The Charleston Townes Apartments in Harrisonburg

Yesterday I drove to Harrisonburg to install my second staging job for Matchbox
Reality at The Charleston Townes Apartment model unit. This space had been
done four years ago and needed updating. The old colors were dark and faded
and needed a bright new look. I used as much of the old stuff as I could, a lot of
it ended up hidden in closets.
This big piece of art was my inspiration. I went by Pier 1 the day they showed me the unit they
wanted up dated. Sorry, I didn't take before and after photos. Anyway, I went to Pier 1 for inspiration,
and saw this big canvas in the clearance section at 75% off. Pier 1 stored it for me until the unit was
ready and I was doing my installation. When I went back to get it, it was way larger than I remembered.
I had taken a picture of it for the colors but never measured it. So typical of me. We had to strap it to
the top of the car and I almost lost it at one point getting from point A to point B.


The furniture is from Martin's Home Furnishings and I reused the lamps, the darker decor and
mixed it in with my brighter additions I the living area. Love the cool rug I got from Ballard Design



  This is the dining area and kitchen area. I added orchids to an existing wall pocket, repurposed
a few plants and a bi apple object with my mix of things.
This is the deck off of the living area. The rug was in the living area so I brought t out here,
added a few colorful pillows from Pier 1 to the white pillows and cushions and used some
of the old accessories for the table. The living area and kitchen are on the second floor. The
unit has four bedrooms, four and a half baths and two laundry rooms.
The male room, before it was black, white and red themed. This is more of a
cool spa like feel.


Here is the girls room and bathroom, a lot brighter than the previous one. I forgot to take
pictures of the other bathrooms and the cool suzani runner I found for the front hall from
Tuesday Morning. That rug I wanted for myself.


More pictures of the hall ways and one of the laundry rooms.

A few more pictures I found of the work in progress. The job took six and a half hours,
with a few runs to Tuesday Morning, The Dollar Tree and Target  for bath mats, t.p.,
tissues, trash cans etc. luckily they are all right there where these apartments are. It's
so much fun to get paid to go shopping and to work on there projects.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty impressive! Thanks for sharing.
Heather