Saturday, August 23, 2014

Before and After of the Caned Bench

A couple of months ago a friend took me over to the Habitat Restore
to look at a large Asian writing desk I thought a client might like. The
price was right, but the size was too over scaled. Out of the corner of my
eye I saw a caned bench, bad '80's brown wood and a gold crushed velvet
fabric. The caning was in great shape, the bench was sturdy, it just needed a
little work. At $63 dollars, it was a bargain. So I first was going to paint it
white and as I was searching though my back room of my fabric stash, I came
across some Robert Allen fabric left over from a job in a beautiful blue and
off white embroidery. I am a sucker for blue and white anything, add black to
the look and I am in love. Here is the bench as I was painting it....."before"

Here is the "after", the bench even came with two cute bolster pillows which
my guy did a bang up job on as well as the upholstering of the bench itself.




So, $63 plus tax for the bench, $100 to upholster it x threeish. A real beauty!

No comments: