Monday, June 29, 2015

My Camel Back Duralee Paisley Sofa's Ransom Is Paid

Back in Januaury, right around the time I was closing
the store down and moving up the street, I got a phone
call. My upholster called to tell me my sofa was ready.
I explained to him that I was moving my store, down sizing
and had no where to put it. He said ok, but I hope it doesn't
get dirty. Shit and a few other words went around in my head.
So he has been holding it ransom until I had the room and the
money to pay him. Oh, and his shop is not the cleanest place
in the world.
So, here she is. What a beauty! The sofa was a freebie to me from my
mover. I found this lovely Duralee Fabric, designed by John Rabshaw,
online at a fraction of what it would have cost me wholesale.


She was held hostage for a few months, but she arrived clean and in great shape.
I proudly placed her in the window so she can be seen in all her glory.

I love the big bold Pink Paisley on the Cream background. A classic sofa
with a fabric take on a more modern traditional look. As I said, the fabric is
from Duralee Fabrics and was a John Rabshaw design called Blossom. It is
now a B.Berger print for Duralee. That tells you how long ago I bought it and
how long it took to have it done. It is in the window at Queen City Marketplace,
on Ebay and my Etsy shops.

No comments: