Monday, December 12, 2016

Monday Postings

Today is a dreary Monday and my day off. I have moved my
den to a bigger room, formally my guest room. I hung my big
floral panels from my old rental and plan on ordering a new sofa
for this room. My old sofa will not  fit up the stairs and threw the
door of this room. I found a cute little with detachable legs at World
Market. I will order it after Christmas once all my shopping is done.
I did pull a chair for the room from my antique space and had it upholstered
in a pretty herringbone fabric I found at U-Fab over in Charlottesville.
I am getting rid of the two big retro orange chairs I have in the room
right now. here is the chair.


And I have some big news, two weeks ago, a friend who has a bichon and new Elfie,
came into Queen City and was telling me how sorry she was about my loss. In the
conversation, I was telling her about my search for a rescue dog. She new of a small
miniture poodle mix that needed a home.

So, last Saturday, I got a picture and a couple of emails from Mandy's foster mom.
And Sunday after work, Mandy came to my home and I adopted her. Her previous
owner had passed away and she was passed from home to home.
She just turned nine and is a real love bug. We go on long walks,
snuggle in front of the t.v., it is hard to leave her to go to work.
I feel like we have both gotten a second chance at life. 

She is a little camera shy and is half the size of Elfie, I got her the coat
and hat from Target and picked up some Sam & Libby boots from Target.
 All is well here, Happy Holidays,
Margaret

No comments: