Friday, February 16, 2018

New rug for My Living Room

After a year and a month of searching for a new rug for my living room,
I have finally made the move and found what I wanted. I wanted the rug
to be brighter than what I had, more yellows, greens and creams, I wanted
it to be elegant with a pattern and a border and be 9' x 12' and it cannot cost
a lot. I wanted it to wool and thick and hand made. I am asking a lot, I found
rugs on Wayfair and Ballard Design but wanted to search more. I even searched
on Ebay were I found a rug that lead me to Amazon were I found a great rug, but
it had too much blue in it. So I went onto Amazon and put in my colors and my
size and found exactly what I was looking for and under $400 including shipping.



 It is just the right color, not too dark or too light, warm and elegant. It is by Safavieh, hand
made, 9' x 12' and wool and feels amazing. It lightens up the room. I dragged it in and laid it
down by myself. It will be shifted later when I can find some help. Below is the rug that I had
in the room, I bought for the house I lived in at 317 East Beverley St. , the room was huge and
had lots of light. For pictures see the Staunton Christmas tour in 2014, any way I needed a
lighter colored rug, in here it was just to dark.



This rug is a wool/silk Art Deco Chinese Oriental Chinoiserie Rug and it will go on
my Ebay and Etsy site and also is sold in Queen City Marketplace.

No comments: