Thursday, September 20, 2018

The Search for New Draperies for My Bedroom

I have been thinking about replacing my draperies in my master bedroom.
I got prices from The Silk Drapery Company on line and they sell by the panel
which turned out to be over $500 dollars, I could by the material and have them
made for less. At Ballard Design I looked at pretty white panels with a Greek key
in grey, with my designer discount, over $400. The curtains that I have now are
Chris Madden for JCP that I bought years ago when I first moved up here. They are
inter lined with flannel, white with embroidery and machine washable. They have served
their purpose with each move.

J C Penney still has a good selection of curtains, not always in the store, but on line and
delivered to the store for pick up. I bought pretty lined cafe curtains for my laundry room
in natural when I moved in here and love them. I have a client that wants black out shades
for her new home and they have them, they also still do blinds, cut to order. So, I needed to
head up to The Daytons Farmers Market to have a lamp prepaired and decided to head over
to Harrisonburg's  to Tuesday Morning and was shocked to find an unbelievable selection
of draperies. I found a pair of sheers I loved by Philby and Rowe and thought they would be
great for the bedroom. But then I saw these white brocade panels by Charisma on sale. So here is my plan....



Sorry the pictures are dark, it is the afternoon and I am to lazy to retake them. So my
plan is to have solid side panel on the side. This is the front of this house and I need
privacy and may need to close them if it is to cold out side. In the center I will have a
faux flat roman, right now it is the embroidered panels hanging on the rod. I want to get
valance rods for the sheers to hang at the top of the window and near the bottom to create
the look of a flat roman under the solid panels. The pair of solid drapes where $39.99 each
pair and then 20% off, they are heavy and quality fabric, the sheer pair cost $22.99, so in all
it was a great save for me and I love the change in the look.

No comments: