Monday, July 7, 2014

Daylilies

The wonderful world of Daylilies, wouldn't we all love
to be a Daylily? I never paid much attention to Daylilies
when I was younger, why do you want a flower that you
can't  pick, why do they close up at night. My ex mother in
law had them all around her pool and fussed at the labs for
running around in them. Stay out of my Daylilies, she would
shout. She would dig some u and give them to me for my yard.
I had no idea what to do with them, where to plant them, I didn't
want them in my flower beds, they just get so big.


When my children were little, I went to one of the first Daylily Festivals at Andre Viettes
Nursery. The festival was small, not at all as big as it is now, we walked around Andre's
house. The were every where, in every color, they even give you a free one for signing up
to receive their news letter. It totally changed my mind about Daylilies, at the old house here,
I had to move all the lilies to the back yard to get more sun. This was around the pool, and they
loved it, they bloomed, they are very hearty. At this house, were I am now, they are beautiful
and look great next to my farmers market pin cushion flowers and the other flowering things in
the yard. The previous gardener must have loved Ande Viettes and Dalilys, they are all around the
yard in ever color.






No comments: