Monday, June 30, 2014

Weekend Hapenings

I started of my weekend with a visit to Habitat
Restore. Ed, another merchant came in my store
Friday morning, and in our conversation about what
was going on in our lives, I asked him if he had seen a
partners desk around. Yes, get in the truck with me and
we headed of to Habitat. The desk was huge, oriental in
style and a good price. I took pictures and sent them to my
client. Still waiting to here if it will work in her husbands study.
I did find something for myself/ store, you never know were
they will end up..........


  $75.00 - 15% what a steel. I bought this exact bench in white years
ago in Richmond for $300. So, I am painting is black, will put a blue and
white embroidered Robert Allen fabric on the seat and bolsters. I will post
before and after later.

 Sunday morning I made a Carrot Cake Smoothie that I found on the internet.

This was soo good, easy to make and way to good to be that healthy. Four chopped up
carrots, one banana, 3/4 cup of vanilla soy milk, a dash of cinnamon , a hand full of oats and
a swirl of agave nectar, blend.
This treat keep me full till the afternoon!
I went by The Dollar Store for some 4th of July decorations, slim pickings,
but I found what I wanted and then some.

And Sunday, I picked a variety of green foliage from the yard for a
different centerpiece in my hallway.



Lambs Ear, wild onions, some kind of striped grass and a mossy green shrub.
On one of my walks, I ran into my neighbors who showed me a Mulberry tree,
full of berries. Last night Elfie and I walked down with a container and picked a few
mulberries to freeze for topping ice cream, put in my yogurt or plop in a glass of champagne.
On the way back, I picked a beautiful bloom from a saucer Magnolia and a brunch of
red climbing roses from the side of the house across the street that is empty  right now.
Shhh, don't tell any one!





I love the intense color of the magnolia and the velvety red of the roses, very pretty.
Last but not least, I finally found a fabric for the freebie camel back sofa that came in months
ago.


 The fabric is a Duralee woven paisley called Isla in blossom, this will give
the sofa a more modern feel with a Far East twist. Will post before and afters
later.

No comments: