Thursday, October 30, 2014

More New Pieces, All large and Hand Carved

A while back, I received an email from a lady in Harrisonburg
that had some very large family pieces that she wanted me to sell
for her. They were in the garage of the house that she had just sold.
I guess they were not going to her new home. So after I rearranged the
whole first floor of my store, I had five oversize pieces coming in. I
also sold a wicker bench, the caned bench I refurbished and the large
dining room table. Funny how that happens. We made room were
we could. I will start of with the Lion hand carved hall tree.....






All that hand carved detail, three lions heads and a bench too. This must have
come from one hell of a house. Next we have the oak wardrobe, 9 separate
pieces that all fit together with thong and groove and pegs.







A light wood full poster bed came from my neighbors yard sale, all these pieces
are great things to list on my Ebay sight and Etsy site.





This is a great bed for painting or refinishing, at $150.00, a steal! Now back to the
big furniture delivery. A six panel, hand painted Chinese screen. Painted on the
front and back with a great Chinoiserie scene.







 Next is a very large side board. Hand carved legs with lots of detail and very long
in length not a lot of houses can use something of this size.




Another consigner brought in a Victorian sample wood bed that his wife bought
at an auction years ago. I tell you, the things these people collect. These beds were
shown to buyers as a sample of what the real custom made bed would look like,
the smaller size made it easier to travel with for the salesman.



I also had someone bring in a roll of canvas that has, as it says, genuine hand
print "Aubusson"  dining room chair seat covers. Seven total, you cut along
the white edged and them staple the pattern to the bottom of your chair. Way
to cool.


That's all for now, till there is something else to blog about.

No comments: