Sunday, September 15, 2019

New Design For My Dining Room

I have been dying to do a new design for my dining room, I looked at rugs on Amazon.
I saw some that I thought were pretty at Home Goods, but I came across this 8' x 10' rug
at Ross Stores at only $100 and said let's do it. It's time to lighten up this room.

The old rug was a dated pastel 9' x 12' rug that I found at an antique store a couple of
years ago in other house, see my old posts from when I lived on Fayette St.. It was dirty
and was impossible to keep clean.

 The new is a Dragos rug made in Turkey and had Grey and multi tones, it shoes more
floor and is not as thick as the last rug. It gives the room a lighter look with a more updated
look.
The old curtains were made for my living room many moons ago. They are a
light green silk stripe and were dark and dated.

The new curtains are from Ballard Design and are a cotton twill with a decorative border and
are called Embroidered Square Trim Panels in Gray. I love the light they let into the room,
I do miss the look of silk but these do bring a new look to the room.

My next design decision will be replacing the chair fabric, above are a few contenders,
Duralee has come out with a few new patterns that I love.. Will post a finished look soon.
Still working on this room.

No comments: