Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Mini Vacation to Figure Eight Island, N.C.

For my birthday last week, I took a couple of days off to go to Figure Eight Island
in North Carolina with my mom, my sister, my aunt and cousin. We stayed in a huge
house on this beautiful island.
There is a bridge you take to get over to the island, this is a view from the porch.

There are only a few houses on the island, surrounded by marsh and water with loads
of wildlife.

My lense fogged up while I was taking the picture of the Herond. Saturday the storm
came through and the temperature changed to cool. I went down to the dock to take
more pictures.





This is the water side of the house.
And the front of the house.

Each morning we walked the island to explore the surroundings, above is the water
across from the front of the house with two men fishing. Below is a picture of my
favorite house.
A view of the beaches and if you look close on the bottom picture, you can see
Wrightsville Beach at the end of the beach.
 A picture of the storm coming in above. And below, a few paintings from the house and
in my bedroom.


It was a great trip with lots of shopping in beautiful stores and great food in wonderful
restaurants.

No comments: