Thursday, December 4, 2014

Historic Staunton Christmas Tour Part 2

If you read my blog, you know that the Historic
Staunton Christmas is this weekend and I am on it.
Tuesday I had my handyman friend come in and help
me with to do list I had and yesterday I had the wallpaper
hung in the bathroom finally. I had to go through three
wallpaper hangers before I could get one in to do the job.
So here is the before, this is the small first floor bath off
of the kitchen.





I would guess that this bathroom was an addition done in the 1930's or 1950's
by the look of the sink, ceiling fan and toilet. And yes it too is green like every
room in this house. The floor also has a dark green tile that matches the kitchen's
which was put in around 1980. So my color palette is white tile, white fixtures and
green floor tile. Th bee shower curtain is from my old house and is a good neutral
piece, it was a good find from TJ Maxx. I wanted something airy, but traditional in
keeping with the house. So here is the after.....







This is what I came home to, what a big difference! The wallpaper is F. Schumacher's
Sutton Trellis from The Greenhouse series. It was $109.00 retail and now is on sale
for $54.00. I love the lightness of the trellis on the white background and I love the birds.
The curtain fabric is a Stout embroidery that I have used before and had hung up before
the wallpaper, is it too much? The light fixture is Allen and Roth from Lowes, I was
trying to find something to compliment the existing light fixtures which came with the
 I hung an ornament from the mirror, the Christmas tour is in less than three days, I have
a little Christmas in every room. Hope you like it, I do, I love a good before and after!

No comments: