Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Cornices For Design Job

I just had some beautiful cornices made for my third to last installation
for my Big Design job that I have been posting about. They came from
a company that I had never used before, a nice man dropped of a catalog
and gave me a brief description of what they do. I flipped threw it and put
it in the back with my other catalogs. Then, on the tenth, and I think the last
room redo, I wanted to venture out of the box, this room is the study off of
the living room, were we painted the wall a soft yellow, blue herringbone sofas,
and bright Oriental rugs. I needed to keep the colors flowing from room to room.
I found a beautiful Duralee traditional multi print, #20986, that had a great pattern
with birds, flowers and vines in all the colors we needed and an old fashioned
cornice came to mind.

 I went back to my stash of catalogs and found the one that was dropped off the me
by that nice gentleman sometime after I opened my store. The company is called the
Virginia Quilting Company, Inc out of La Crosse Virginia. Their prices were great and
the choices of designs for the cornices were great.


They added the special trim I picked out for the bottom of the cornices and even
centered the bird for me. Sorry I didn't take them out of the plastic, it's raining here
and I have a dog in the store, need I say more. I am off the Lowes to get the L- shaped
brackets and will post more when they are hung.

No comments: