Monday, March 25, 2013

Will We Ever See Spring?

Yesterday, while I was walking Elfie, it started sleeting. By the time we got home, it
was snowing. So I spent another, my only day off, stuck inside by the fire watching
The Real Housewives and Food network. Will Spring ever get here? They say that
we are supposed to have extreme heat and drought this summer. I will believe it
when I see it.............
This is the Dixie Theater that is directly across the street from my store. This theater was built
in 1913, a hundred years ago and is in the works of being renovated by the Staunton Performing
Arts. Does it look like these guys are laughing at the snow? I think they are.
Reference- info@stauntonperformingarts.org
Architect- John Eberson

 Parking lot and a peak of Mary Baldwin College at the top of the picture.
What a way to start a Monday, at least the lights are on and the road is clear. This is looking
up the hill of Beverely Street towards Gospel Hill..............
The roof of the Arcadia building, again across the street from me and this will also be
part of the Staunton Performing Arts Center in the future. Love the Gothic style of the
roof...............


 Pictures of Downtown Historic Staunton and pictures looking out side my store windows.
I was trying to get a picture of the snow flakes, they are to fast for me. Maybe next Monday I will
post Spring pictures, after all it will be April first or April Fools Day.
reference- Historic Downtown Staunton Virginia

2 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I am so with you on this one, Margaret. The hydrangea's that I ordered to copy yours should be arriving soon. I hate planting in cold weather. One or two more weeks...I hope.

Margaret McElroy said...

Hi Linda, It looks like we have a few
more days here until we are back in the 60's. I would love a sunny weekend. My children gave me a camellia for Easter that I would love to get into the ground.
happy Tuesday,
Margaret