Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Blue Kitchen Cabinets

I am cleaning up my basement. When I moved last summer, I put
all my cookbooks and cooking magazines on the shelves in the
basement until I decided what I wanted to do with them. I have
slowly been bringing my large cookbook collection upstairs. I am
now going through all the old Gourmet magazines, ripping out the
good recipes and throwing out the old issues. Now, all you have to do
is go online to find a recipe, they even have pictures! Anyway, I came
across this issue of Gourmet magazine from June 1998, there is an article
on Staunton and Mrs. Rowe's Restaurant in there. I loved the cover picture....

Can you see
that cabinet color, is it milk paint, is it one or two or three colors of  blue?
It almost has a purple hue to it and is it ragged? That technique was big then.
Can you see the knife and fork handles. I want these blue cabinets in my next
kitchen with white marble counter tops and back splash. The walls and trim will
be decorators white and the fixtures would be silver. Light pine floors and a really
cool stainless steel commercial stove. A girl can dream, right?

No comments: