Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Vintage Home Market and Two Freebie Upholstered Chairs

Margaret McElroy's shop is hitting the road. I am taking my shop to The Vintage Home
Market at Richmond's Raceway this spring on May 3rd and 4th. It is my son, Edmund's,
18th birthday and I will be staying with him and his dad for this event. I am hoping that my
daughter, Ellie, can help with the market. I sold a couple of big pieces recently, so, with the
floor space opening up, I decided to set up a mock up of my market booth.
I signed up for a 10' x 10' space and I measured it out on the floor and taped the corners
so that I would have an idea of how much space I will have. I am using two folding screens
to create walls, I want to take some of my nicer pieces.
I am borrowing a friends van and dolly, and I plan on taking back up pieces to sell if I
end up doing well on Saturday and need more stuff. It has been years since I did the antique
malls, I really just don't know what to expect.
I know this event is weeks away, but I just have to plan ahead. I am thinking of things I
need to take 24/7, tissue, bags, an inventory list, packing material, my square, cash box,
sales books, etc. I also will take our antique guide to Staunton, in hope of raising awareness
of all the great antique shops here and the great prices we have. So if you are around Richmond
on the weekend of the show, stop by and say high!


And I just got two chairs back from the upholsterer, these chairs were freebies. I used fabric
that I had on hand and had them redone. They look great!


I am slowly getting the store freshened up for Spring and Summer. I also have been posting
some very funny old pictures on facebook if you are a friend, you can see them. This is what
happens when you learn how to use your scanner on the printer. Happy Thursday.

No comments: