Sunday, February 4, 2018

Game Day Snacks

The Supper Bowl Game is all about the snacks for me.
You can do the typical snacks, like nachos, chips and dip
and your pizzas. I came up with two appetizers that are not
your normal ones thanks to the help of blogs, emails and Food
Network.
First up-
Italian Sausage Bites with Tatse Dipping Sauce

I cut Italian Sausage into bite size pieces and cook them in white wine and chicken broth
for 40 minutes. While they are cooking, I make my sauce. If you are a fan of Virginia Beach,
then you a fan of the gourmet store Taste Unlimited shop and their sandwiches with the special
secret sauce. It is mayo, ground mustard and the key ingredient is Pickapepper Sauce. I added
Sriracha for a kick. Pretty tasty.
I browned the sausage in the oven while my next appetizer was cooking to give them
a crust. Don't you love my French Gien tray?
Second Appetizer-
Baby Bellas with home made French Herb Cheese

The French Herb Cheese recipe is one of my favorites and I have been making it
for years. You can have it by its self with French bread and crackers, or use it to
stuff things to bake or not to bake. This recipe comes from the cook book, Beyond
Parsley, a junior league cook book from Kansas City. They suggested stuffing it in
mushrooms and baking them. I chose baby bellas or baby Portabellos. Yummy little
morsels.
What is your appetizer for this years game? Here is to a good game!

No comments: