Monday, August 20, 2018

What I Have Been Working On Lately

I am winding down August with a few new projects. I was having lunch with my
Mom a couple of weeks ago and popped into the SPCA's Benefit Shop and saw a
few things that caught my eye. I went back last week to take a look again with hopes
of finding some things I saw to list on Ebay. This is what I came home with.....
 Hand painted Asian jewelry box with satin lining and brass hinges.
Hand painted high tea cups and plates.

A set of yellow cabbage leaf china from Portugal, $5.00 for the set.
On another note, a couple of years ago, I was given some furniture from a realtor who
no longer had the space to store it for staging. They were both in pretty bad shape so I
thought painting them would hide a the damage parts.



The mirror had a big chip on the corner, I used Waverly chalk paint in White to cover the mirror and
make the corner less noticeable, it has good bones.

This piece had some damage to the top and edges, I took the sewing machine out and
sanded the piece before painting it with Valspar Project Perfect Durable latex Enamel in Black Gloss.
I may add gold to the molding detail to the door and knob. It feels good to get these pieces done and
out for sale in my booth. I went by Michaels to pick up some wreaths and garland and then the Dollar Tree for ribbon and flowers and feathers for my Fall wreath project.


I used grape vine wreaths, a mushroom and berry garland with burlap flowers, pheasant feathers and
a little bird. One will go on my door next month and the other will be in my booth. And on a last
note, a few pictures of my flowers, these I planted from seed, so they are late bloomers.

 Zinias


The foxglove in the middle is not from seed, it is a biannual.

The Cleome is a flower that I love and the Hollyhock will reseed itself, you can see those little
brown round buds full of seeds. Looking forward to Fall, my favorite time of year.

No comments: