Thursday, August 2, 2018

Wearing Many Hats

For those of you that know me well, you know that I wear a lot of hats. I have a steady part time job
in Waynesboro at Anne Arden Under the Roof as a designer and a sales person. I worked two days
a week at Queen City Marketplace to help pay for my spaces until that ended with the owners demise and I have had a decorating business for over a decade now. I also have an Ebay shop and Etsy shop.
On my days off, wish went from one to now three, I am out on the hunt for items to resell. With my
new space at Staunton Antique Center, I am on the look out for tables. So here is what i found today....
This oval wood table will be just what I needed to go in front of my sofa in my new space. I am
giving it a couple of coats of chalk paint.

 The little bedside table is not old, not solid wood, but it had so much going on for it that I
couldn't resist. Love the detail. I also used the Martha Stewart Chalk Paint in White on this.
I also found this bottomless old world birdcage and retro gold mirror.
And two pretty pieces, a ceramic pitcher hand painted in Deruta Italy and an Asain vase with grapes.


Along with a pair of silk is custom made drapes to list to one of my on line shops.
On a decorating note, I have been wanting to replace the sisal rug in my kitchen. Sisal's are great rugs because they are all natural, you can hose them down for cleaning and they are a neutral color. This rug I had purchased years ago for my den,it moved with me from house to house and ended up in the kitchen here. It was too small for the space, everything fell into the weave and it sheds, yuck! So I
have been looking at rugs everywhere, on line, in stores, I just needed to make a move. This is the first one I saw that I liked and I broke down and went back to get it. It is very bold for me but I love it.

  For you of you that don't know that this is a rental house, the kitchen is large, but ugly.
Dark nasty wood cabinets, old appliances, and broken tile floor. This rug hides a lot and adds
some umph. The rug is from Walmart, is heavy duty and stain resistant. As a celebration of this new
look, I made refrigerator pickles to give away as gifts. Bam!


No comments: