Saturday, October 27, 2018

Pretty In Pink Drapery Installation

I have finally finished the living room I was working on in Stuarts Draft.
I meet with the client in the Spring to talk about what they wanted to do.
Picked out the colors, fabrics and waited for the painted to come in, he was
booked till August. Had the chair seats reupholstered, ordered the fabric and
trim, the trim was on back order for 17 weeks, yes 17 weeks! Ordered beautiful
hardware, installed that in September and Friday we hung the drapes. One job done!
The results are stunning, so here is the before and after......


This is what the room looked before, straight up 1990's decor. The walls had been
sponged, there is a wallpaper border and it was dark and cramped. The rug is beautiful
and I used it as my inspiration. The clients wanted to make the room appear bigger, let
more light in and bring it to a more current look.


We painted the walls a Benjamin Moore Shell Pink and painted all the wood white,
put in a chair rail and framed out the bottom portion of the room. It made the room
bigger and brighter.

Here is Donna hanging the panels after we put the Duralee hardware up. What a big
difference. I couldn't get a full picture, to many people in the room, me, Donna and the
clients.
Here is a close up of the main products, the top herringbone is the seat cushions on the dining
room chairs is from Stout, the silk tone on tone floral and pink ball fringe is from  Robert Allen with
the B. M. shell pink paint color. Next, new chandelier. I help them with their kitchen after the new year.

No comments: