Thursday, February 21, 2019

Before and After of the Big Lots Ottoman

Years ago I bought an ottoman at Big Lots for me old den three houses ago.
This room was huge and long and it could handle a big ottoman In this little
den in my farmhouse, but it is needed. The ottoman is my home office, my desk
and my catch all. When I first bought it, I had it upholstered in a jewel tone Waverly
fabric that went with the look I was doing in this room.
I also painted the legs, which I touched up before it went to the upholsterer. The print
was to busy for the room and the light weight fabric was worn in spots. I wanted a rich
green velvet for a new cover and bought this fabric from Robert Allen almost a year ago
with the intention of finding a matching trim.
  I put the project off because I didn't know what I would do with out my ottoman. Where
would all my things go. I finally bight the bullet and started looking for a trim that would
work with the fabric. I found this trim on the Robert Allen Outlet site and fell in love with it.

I took my Italian gold stack tables from my guest room and used them as a make shift
ottoman while my piece was gone.
The chair I bought a couple of weeks ago at the Stuarts Draft Antique Mall and thought it
could be used to prop my feet up on because it is low and I am a sucker for any thing hand
carved, black and gold and any kind slipper chair.

 So here is the finished piece all done in less than a month. Love it.


And look what I found while walking downtown today at the Beverley Street Co-Op Art Gallery,
this sweet little painting of some goats called "Browsing" by local artist Christine Watts.

No comments: