Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Cold Front with a Frost

This past Friday, after 70 degree days, we had a cold front come in. They said we
would drop to 20 degrees at night, with a great chance of a frost and to bring in all
tender plants. So my Friday night was spent bringing in all my small pots and lining
the wall of my back hall with hanging baskets and small pots.
 It looks like a greenhouse. Because Saturday would stay in the mid 50's and a frost again
that night, I keep everything in the house until Sunday once the temperatures reached
the 60's.



I covered the impatients and the new blooms on my porch and front beds.
The big urns on my side porch got covered, just call me the bag lady.
The vegetable cart that my son made me also got covered. Friday night the large bag over
my tomatoes flew off because of the wind and landed in my neighbors yard two houses
away. One of my tomato plants got zapped.
I also used my empty pots to cover small plants that sprouted up in the back garden.
The white bag at the top of the picture is covering a large clemitis bloom to protect it.
Yesterday I found out that something ate of the bloom and several small ones, possibly
a bird? I hope it will bloom again, last night and tonight it was and will be in the mid
30's so I felt everything would be okay until this thing passes. I will past pictures of the
blooms later in the week.

No comments: