Monday, February 11, 2013

Old Furniture Versus New Furniture

Yesterday I spent most of the day driving in my car. My one day off
and I am on the road to Richmond. Last Thursday my favorite thrift
shop posted pictures of the new items that came in to their store. This
place is in Glen Allen/ Hanover area and is called Clash and Trash. I
have bought from them before, they post pictures on Facebook and
then I go on Craigs List to check the prices. I saw a desk/vanity that I
liked and the price was right. I called them first thing Friday morning and
bought desk. I wanted to put it in my shop so that I could take the desk
I now have  here home. It's a pretty piece and would look nice in my
den. Right now I have one of those cheesy computer units that I bought
and put together with my daughter, Ellie, two houses ago.
It is so cheaply made, that it fell apart as we were caring it out of the house! I cannot
tell you how much I paid for it. Anyway, now that I have a laptop and a printer in my
store, I don't need all the equipment, cords and stuff that the old unit held. So I thought
 a nice desk would be a better fit for the room. When I picked up the desk yesterday,
I realized that it doesn't have a finished back, it has to go up against a wall. So, my


nice desk at the store has to stay. Still, it's a much better look. I will finish decorating it tonight.
 This is what I get to get rid of......
I also came home with a few goodies.....




And this is what I want to go back for with a U-Hall......
                                                                          pine hutch
                                                                giant bird cage
                                                              pretty bench
                                                                secretary
                                                                   old sofa
                                                              french mirror
                                                                    sofa frame
                                                     yellow shield back chairs

No comments: