Monday, December 2, 2013

Merry Christmas to Me!

Last week I was playing around on Ebay, doing
a little research on some items that came into the
store. I do this for pricing, listing on Etsy it
is a great way to educate myself. As I was putting
the crystals on these beautiful candlesticks, I
decided to figure out the owners description.
I Googled what I could make of his writing and
the name, his spelling is as bad as mine, and an
image came up.


 Girandole, that's what they are called. They were made in Italy
in the 18th Century and loved by the French as a way of lighting
there mantels. I have seen them over the years and loved them,
but way to pricey for me. When two sets of them came in a
couple of weeks ago, I was very tempted, my cost $225.00 for
a set of three. I called a collector friend to come in and see the
new goods and asked him about them, the crystals on the ones
that came in are too long for the candlesticks and not original to
the pieces. So I did a little searching on Ebay and found this set,
$225.00 plus shipping and all the right crystals and the right sizes
for these beauties. They arrived Saturday via USPS, merry Christmas
to me and the others are on my Etsy shop!


Had a great lunch with my children and their Dad on Sunday.
Very long day, but lots of fun, laughs and a great food. Here
are some funny pictures on my steps.









Very funny, Ellie is made at me for posting them on Facebook!

No comments: