Friday, July 19, 2019

Hot As Hades Tomatoes

Today it is just mid July and it is hot as hades here. I had to
go over to Charlottesville today for a couple of hours and practically
melted over there from the heat. More on that later. When i got home
and walked Mandy, I saw that I have a ton of tomatoes that are ready to
pick. So once it got a little cooler outside, I walked out ad picked tomatoes,
grabbed some basil leaves and thawed out a sheet of Pepperidge Farm puff
pastry.
 
I had a container of crumbled goat cheese, so I drizzled olive oil on the center of
the dough, sprinkled with goat cheese and added my variety of tomatoes. I laced if
with ribbons of my basil, added pink salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary and topped with
more olive oil and Parmesan cheese and baked for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. And
there you have a dinner from my garden.
That's one way to beat the heat!

No comments: