Friday, December 30, 2016

More Decorating on the New Den

I have been working on the new den and I had a major installation in
Richmond last week.
I installed these drapes and valance in Richmond last week. This is a client and friend
that I helped with her old house on Park Avenue which sold and now they have moved
to a retirement community. I had to attach the valance board together in order to transport it to
Richmond and then staple the valance fabric onto the board.

My sister and her son came over to Marilyn's to help me hang the draperies, the fabrics are
Kravet and Schumacher with Robert Allen and Schumacher trims. The bedroom also had to
be attached on the boards and the valance had to be stapled on, quite the job.
I have been working on the new den since I moved or switched the den guest room around.
My old sofa was too big to come up the stairs so I was stuck with the two old orange chairs
that are in need of a recover. With a coupon from Wayfair and free delivery, I ordered a new
small settee that would fit in the room and a new larger rug.


  I am now thinking about new pillows, maybe redoing the ottoman and a new table
skirt. It is never ending, you can see the old orange chairs in the corner on their way
out for reupholstering. Happy New Year!

No comments: